Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eating as a Full-Contact Sport

I love June here in Michigan because it finally warms up enough to have most of our meals and snack-times outside on the deck. Not only does it feel great, but the clean-up is easy too. In the middle of the summer, when it is even warm in the morning, I especially love to eat breakfast outside. There is something so rejuvenating about starting your day this way.Unfortunately Jeff and I have terrible spring allergies that get in the way, especially this year for some reason. Apparently Alex has them too. His nose and eyes are itchy, and it doesn't go away very quickly when we go indoors. For some reason when Alex is eating, he feels it is the perfect time to rub and scratch. Something satisfying, I guess, about smearing spaghetti sauce and ranch dressing all over your face and through your hair!

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

Great to see Sandy. Lucky person!!! Not sure I want to try Alex's way of solving the itching problem but it looks like he likes his food.

Christina said...

I love the stories of your family!!