Thursday, July 29, 2010

Independence Day and Pico de Gallo

Two days left to the month of July, and I haven't even shared pics from the 4th yet. July has gone by in a blur, and I don't think August will go by any slower. You can expect a flurry of posts in the next few days as I try to get us caught up.

Here are my cute little American patriots right before we headed to a neighborhood celebration:There was tons of good food and the kids loved going back constantly for more. I took watermelon and my Dad's Pico de Gallo. I make this massive batch of pico de gallo at least a dozen times a year, and whenever I take it to a party, it is completely devoured. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try.

************************************************
Pico de Gallo
1 whole yellow bell pepper, diced
1 whole red bell pepper, diced
2 whole anaheim pepper, diced (or 1 whole green bell pepper, diced)
1 bunch green onions, diced
4 whole Nalley's Mild Banana Peppers, diced
2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers (pickled), diced
8 whole tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons salt (3T if you are eating it with salty chips)

Mix everything except the salt really well, then add the salt slowly until the flavors
sparkle. It takes a lot more salt than you think it should. Cover and let sit in the
refrigerator for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
**************************************************

This photo cracks me up because Alex looks perfectly content conversing with the adults at the party.My Mom has been begging for pics of my pregnant tummy. Here I am at 19 weeks along, although it's not a great profile of the bump.
All the little kids decided to gang up and wrestle with Jeff. Alex and Tristan say, "Let's play rough!"He eventually got the better of them. :)Sparklers were definitely the kids' favorite part of the fireworks.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Great pics! My boys used to ask daddy if they could "rough house"!

Joseph and Kamber said...

Wow, your kids are sure growing. Maya looks like a completely different person. A little lady and very happy.

photomom said...

Yeah! I've been waiting to see pics of the ultrasound... the 4th looks like fun and you look great for nearly half way. Can't wait to hear more about your July.

Carina said...

I am absolutely, positively jealous of your great body! How in the world did you stay so tiny after already having a couple of children?? You must have great genes!

Glad you guys had a great 4th of July. I will definitely give that recipe a try! It sounds delish!

Granny D Fifield said...

How do you run all those miles, read all those books, do all those wonderful things with your family and keep up with this wonderful blog?